G.E.D. Records

G.E.D. Transcript Request

Michigan’s Workforce Development Agency (WDA) is partnering with the GED Testing Service for fulfillment of requests for GED transcripts and certificates.

As of March 16, 2015 Michigan GED test takers who have earned a GED credential and want to order duplicate copies of transcripts and official Michigan GED certificates, please contact GED Testing Service:

As of on March 16, 2015, WDA will no longer accept paper, phone, fax, e-mail, or walk-in requests for the fulfillment of GED credentials.

Employers and Educators

Employers and educators needing verification of GED issuance may register with Parchment Exchange online.

A $15.00 fee will be charged by GED Testing Service to process these requests.


Call (313) 596-7615 or (313) 596-7617 for assistance.

Acceptable forms of Identification

A clear copy of your current identification (I.D.) is required in order to obtain a copy of your student records.

The following documents are accepted as I.D.:

sample I.D. Sample State I.D.
  • Driver's License
  • State I.D.
  • Passport
  • Social Security Card
    Important Note: For security reasons, Social Security Cards can only be used as a form of identification at the Walk-In Location Only
  • Birth Certificate
  • Court Documents
  • Utility Bills
  • Medical Records
  • Insurance Documents
  • Mail with Identifying Name and Address

If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must request your records.

If you are 18 or older, you must request the record(s) or provide a written and signed documentation and a clear copy of your identification authorizing someone else to obtain a copy of your record(s). In addition, the person authorized to request a copy of your record(s) must also have a clear copy of their own photo identification as well.