John R. King integrates fine and performing arts into a rigorous academic curriculum. The school’s name reflects the unique offerings which include a full instrumental and vocal music program, as well as dance, drama and visual arts. Our students experience state-of-the-art technology in all classrooms, a Black Box Theater and a recent $10.2 million renovation. The Academy was identified by the Skillman Foundation as a High Performing Good School. Our Angelic Chorale, an extraordinary student choir, has been recognized for their performance at the world’s most prestigious performing arts stage – Carnegie Hall.
- Art and Physical Education
- Dance and Cheerleading, Boys and Girls Basketball
- Student with Awareness and Goals (SWAG), National Junior Honor Society
- An Award-Winning Angelic Chorale, Full Vocal Music Program and Glee Club
- Academic Games, DAPCEP, Chess Club, Beta Club, Yearbook Club
- Tutoring/Extended Day Program