The anticipation is growing for Friday’s 7 p.m. Detroit Public School League Football Championship Game between East English Village (6-0 league, 7-1 overall) and King (4-2 league, 5-3 overall) at Ford Field. Admission is $10 and gates open at 6 p.m.
With Coach Rod Oden’s Bulldogs riding a seven-game winning streak and Coach Dale Harvel’s Crusaders having won five in a row, fans are emotionally-charged and eager to see their team build on the momentum heading into next week’s start of the state playoffs.
This is the second year in a row that the PSL is hosting its championship game at the home of the Detroit Lions. And, while fans are encouraged to cheer on their team and enjoy the festive atmosphere, Ford Field officials request that fans strictly adhere to their policy of what is permitted inside the stadium.
*Please note that students may NOT wear spiked heels. Ford Field will not permit access onto the field if you are wearing spiked heels. Wedged or flat bottoms are permitted.
Ford Field Items Not Permitted in the Stadium
Prohibited and Restricted Items:
– Aerosol cans (hair spray, mace, pepper spray, etc.
– Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
– Backpacks, luggage, grocery and paper bags, duffle bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases: 8 1/2” x 14” x 10” is maximum size for entry
– Balloons (air or helium)
– Balls (beach balls, footballs, baseballs, etc.)
– Cameras with lenses longer than five inches long
– Coolers of any kind, including small soft pack coolers
– Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter
– Electronic equipment including laptop computers and tripods
– Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles or boxes)
– Illegal substances
– Laser pointers
– Markers (permanent) and/or paint
– Noisemaking devices (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
– Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles (sticks, bats, clubs, frisbees, etc.)
– Strollers and infant/car seats or carriers
No weapons are allowed in the Stadium. Possession of a firearm or any other weapon is strictly forbidden. Possession of such a weapon will result in immediate confiscation, ejection and possible arrest.
The following items will be permitted after inspection:
– Binoculars and binocular cases
– Cameras and small camera cases (must comply with the camera/lens limits)
– Diaper bags (only if accompanied by a child)
– Small bags, purses and fanny packs (must comply with the bag limits)
– Small radios (must be used with an earpiece)
– Signs and clothing (must comply with standards of taste and decency; no profane or offensive messages. Signs must not block another guest’s view)
– Video cameras and video recorders are allowed