Round 2 ends March 14!
Make sure your students check-in daily!
The 7th and 8th grade students at Durfee Elementary-Middle School are donning new “Get Schooled” t-shirts after winning Round 1 of the Get Schooled Attendance Campaign.
More than 90 shirts were delivered to the school from Viacom. Durfee students were also recently invited to participate in a Get Schooled Focus Group – thanks to their remarkable participation rate in the Attendance Campaign – to give Get Schooled officials a few tips on “How Students Learn Best.”
Highlights from the campaign:
- Durfee Elementary-Middle School was the winner of Round One! Durfee had 90 students sign up, and they ‘checked in’ over 1,000 times – which means they had every student check in every day of the challenge!
- Detroit Collegiate Prep at Northwestern had the most students sign up during Round One, 243 total! (but had fewer actual daily check-ins)
- Damonte Fluker from Detroit Collegiate Prep at Northwestern was the national winner of an autographed James Harden (NBA star) basketball with a personal quote as to why he is an “all-star” from Harden.
- Students active on the Get Schooled website can also cash in at the reward store at any time. Items in the reward store (now and in the future) include:
- PlayStation 4s
- More Monster DNA Headphones with colors that include Rose Gold, Black Tuxedo and All-Black Carbon Fiber
- SAT study guides
- The book “Divergent”
- Get Schooled Swag
- T-shirt – Text Me, Blue Pencil Tee
- Snapback Hats – Black, Navy, Gray
- Michigan State Swag Packs
- James Harden Signed Houston Rockets Snapback
Additional content and contests on the site over the next several weeks include:
- Hip-Hop SAT (the winner of the best rhyme integrating a pre-selected set of SAT/ACT words gets Monster Headphones)
- Scavenger Hunt
- Mind Games (new questions coming soon)
- Book Club – “Divergent”
- TED Talk Teens – Highlight dynamic teens in the TED Talk community
- Signed notebook give-a-way from Hip-Hop Recording Artist Drake (tied to the “Do It For Yourself” campaign where students have to post on the discussion board to be entered)
- Goal Setting 101 Tips
- Wake-Up Calls (including calls from Trevor Jackson, Zendaya, Tyga, Nick Cannon and more)
- Celebrity Shout Outs (from Kendrick Lamar, Trey Songz and more – students select who they want the shout out from)
To participate in the Get Schooled Attendance Campaign, DPS students can visit the Get Schooled website, www.getschooled.com and “check-in” at their school from a desktop computer or mobile phone. Students can even track their competition on the DPS Leaderboard! This semester’s competition has three rounds:
- Round 1: Ended Feb. 14
- Round 2: February 24 – March 14
- Round 3: March 31 – May 2
Click here for more details!
The school with the most daily check-ins at the end of Round 3 will earn a celebrity Get Schooled event!