Enrollment Questions

Where can I locate the enrollment process for District schools?

Discover what educational opportunities DPSCD has in store for your child by exploring our web site – https://dpscd.detroitk12.org/enroll/how-to-enroll/

The website is designed to answer all enrollment concerns for:

  • Elementary/ Middle Schools
  • High Schools
  • Application Schools
  • Examination Schools
  • Early Childhood
  • Adult Education
  • IMPACT Program (Second Chance)
  • Career/ Technical Education
  • Montessori
  • Non-Residents
  • Bilingual / English Learners
  • Homeless
  • Special Needs
  • Alternative Programs

Explore specialty schools such as:

  • Fine and Performing Arts
  • Single Gender Education
  • College Partners
  • Montessori
  • Aviation
  • S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
  • Foreign Language Immersion
  • Science and Medicine

How do I find out what schools are in my area or boundary?

Visit our website at https://dpscd.detroitk12.org/schools/boundary_search/ and enter your street address.

You may also search school via the map tool at:

Can students from outside of the city enroll in DPSCD schools?

Detroit Public Schools Community District is a School of Choice District and may enroll out-of-district students through September 7, 2018.

Who do I contact if my neighborhood school is denying enrollment?

Go to: https://dpscd.detroitk12.org/enroll/how-to-enroll

Who do I call, if I want to transfer my child from one DPSCD to another DPSCD

Not applicable to examination or application schools

Contact the school that you would like to transfer to, and they should be able to assist with the transfer. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact the Office of Enrollment, (313) 873-6345.

We are currently homeless. How do I enroll my student in a DPSCD school?

You may enroll at the school of your choice, though exceptions may apply for examination high schools. To obtain services as well as additional information, please contact George Eason, Program Director, McKinley-Veto Homeless Division in the Office of Clinical Prevention and Intervention Services at (313)748-6388.